- The initial focus for Active Adventurers Ltd is based upon developing fundamental movement skills through “Leo’s Jungle Adventure” and “Charlie’s Farm Adventure”. These are 12 week schemes of work designed specifically to fit into the Early Years Framework. Each session will last 30 minutes and works on a maximum of 15 children per session, thus enabling the leader to spend more time with each child to assist with improving skills.
- Whilst a session is taking place the plan will be accessible to all supporting staff members to view. It will include the session storyline, activities and outcomes linked to the relevant developmental stages in the Early Years Framework. Each adventure session is designed to enable teaching to take place in small spaces if a larger hall or outdoor space in unavailable.
- Active Adventurers Ltd will provide all of the required equipment for that particular session. All instructors will have annual DBS clearance, public liability insurance (up to £5m cover), current first aid certification and appropriate sporting qualifications.
- At the end of each 12 week block, Active Adventurers will provide individualised reports for each child to show the progress that has been made and which nurseries can use as evidence within their learning journeys.
- This scheme is aimed at children aged 2-3 years old. It is based upon the character Charlie Rabbit and his playful pals Toby Cat and Sally Sheep who keep Farmer Potts on his toes at Oak Tree Farm. Sessions are aimed at improving children’s balance, co-ordination and spatial awareness skills whilst also improving their ability to communicate, listen and follow instructions.
- This scheme is aimed at children aged 3-5 years old. It is based upon the character Leo Lion and his mischievous friends Ellie Elephant and Harry Hippo. The first 12 week block of sessions are designed to improve and develop generic/fundamental movement skills. The second 12 week block is designed to incorporate sport specific skills with sessions based around sports such as football, gymnastics, tennis, tag-rugby and hockey.
- To get the most out of the sessions a minimum booking of a 12 week block of 2 x 30 minute sessions (1 hour) is advised. However, Active Adventurers Ltd can be flexible to meet the demands of individual organisations.
Charlie’s Farm Adventure
Leo’s Jungle Adventure